CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

St. Dominics trip!

Well, I thought I had escaped Reese's "baby" years without a single catostrophe, however Friday night proved me wrong! We went to Jackson on Thursday night because Blaine had a meeting Friday morning and we had a wedding to go to on Saturday plus Reese wanted to see G.G and Doc! We had a laid back fun night Thursday and a pretty calm day friday, we went to dinner that night and noticed that Reese was acting very strange and kept having the shivers. We got home from eating and took her temp and poor baby's temp was 103. Since my dad is the patient pharmacist at St. Dominic's hospital he suggested that we take her up to the E.R. just to have her checked out. We got there around 11:30 and ended up leaving at 4:00 in the morning, needless to say it was a long night. Have many hours of flu tests, drawn blood, and chest x-rays, the docs determined that she had the beginnings of pneumonia, it was truly an awful night, she has never cried so much in her life. I feel certain that next time that she See's anyone in scrubs she will start screaming and saying "no mama" it was really scary and I felt so sorry for her. After many failed atempts to try and get her started on a a drip, She had to get a HUGE shot in her little thigh and they sent us home finally! She is resting at home with me this week until she gets back to 100%! I am so glad my sweet girl is feeling better, she is pretty much spoiled rotten now, I have a hard time telling her no after that ordeal!

P.S.- Alex is jealous that Reese is getting all the attention, so on behalf of Mr. Alex he has a cold and is hoarse, who knew dogs could lose their voices or catch a cold for that matter!

2 comments:

Mississippi Candice said...

POOR BABY!!!!

The Sparrow said...

Oh no! Poor thing! Good that you caught it early though!